My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 31, 2011

Halloween Treat Pouch

I'm still working on treat bags for the kiddos in my class for Halloween. While blog surfing the other day I found this cute idea from Heather Nichols over at Papertrey Ink. This was really easy to make! I used a 5x5 square envelope from SU! and tore it apart to use as a template. Our square envelopes only come in white and I didn't think that worked for Halloween. Once I had my template, I simply laid it on a piece of Frightful Sight DSP and traced it. Then I cut it out, added some adhesive, and made a whole new envelope! For the flap I used a piece of Cajun Craze for a little contrast. When putting your ribbon on, be sure you adhere it to the flap of your envelope before you add the contrasting cardstock or DSP. You want it to be under that piece so you can decorate the flap. I sponged around the edges of the flap with Cajun Craze ink too. To decorate the flap I used the new set Out On A Limb which will be in the new Holiday Mini available Thursday! You will definitely want to get your hands on this mini! The Eek! is also from a new set in the mini, It's a Wrap Holidays. These are quick and cute and can fit quite a few Halloween goodies in them! Try one for yourself. I'd love to see your creations!

Tomorrow is the last day to take advantage of the Stampin' Up! August promotion. Buy 3 packs, get 1 free DSP! Contact me today with your order!



Thanks for stopping by!

Be sure to check back Thursday! That is when the Holiday Mini goes live and you can start ordering all the goodies to make you Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas items. Look for the catalog on the right sidebar! Tomorrow is the last day to order out of the Summer Mini. Get what you want before it's gone.

All Supplies SU!
Stamps: Out On A Limb, It's a Wrap Holidays
Ink: Cajun Craze
Paper: Cajun Craze, Frightful Sight DSP
Accessories: 5x5 Square envelope, Basic Black satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment