My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 26, 2011

Antibacterial Soap Teacher Gift

I always like to make a little something for my son's teachers when school starts. This year I didn't get anything ready in time for him to take on the first day, so I made something to thank them for a great first week. As a teacher it's always nice when you receive little notes and things from your students. The ones my student's draw themselves are the best! I got the idea for this cute little antibacterial soap holder from Erica Cerwin's blog Pink Buckaroo Designs. She is so creative! You can see her tutorial for this holder here.  For mine I used Pear Pizzaz cardstock for the actual holder. I then used the For The Teacher builder wheel in the Summer Mini on So Saffron cs. I cut a strip of Real Red cs and used the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die for the Tempting Turquoise cs. The layout for the front of the holder comes straight from a card in the Summer Mini. I used the abc stamp from the Recess set in the Summer Mini as well. On the inside I kept it simple mainly because I was working on these late last night and wanted my son to take them today. I cut a piece of Just Add Cake DSP to the front of where the soap sits. If I had more time I probably would have added a little more bling! They were a big hit with his teachers, so I'm happy they liked them.




Thanks for stopping by!

Contact me to order Stampin' Up! supplies or to become a demonstrator yourself! Don't forgot, August 31st is the last day to take advantage of the buy 3 packs get 1 free pack of DSP! Stock up now for all your holiday crafting!

Stamps: Recess, For The Teacher Builder Wheel
Ink: Black Stazon, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Real Red
Paper: Pear Pizzaz, So Saffon, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Just Add Cake DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Sof Subtles buttons, linen thread, Oval punch, sticky strip

No comments:

Post a Comment