My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 8, 2011

Rolled DSP Birthday Card

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm trying to enjoy my last couple of weeks of summer break before school starts, but have so much to do to get my classroom ready! Today the card I made was inspired by a Stamping magazine. I saw this idea on a scrapbook page and decided to make it into a card. I used Early Expresso for my card base and layered a piece of Confetti White on it. I used the Just Add Cake DSP for the rolled pieces at the bottom. A great way to add depth and interest to any card as well as show off the colorful DSP! I wrapped a piece of Early Expresso baker's twine around the pieces of designer paper. I used the cute elephant image from the single stamp Elebration. This set can be used for boys, girls, birthdays, baby showers, etc. Just omit the cake if it's not a birthday card you're making. I stamped him on watercolor paper and cut him out. He is colored with watercolor crayons and a blender pen. I paper pieced the ballon and cake and added some Dazzling Details (available in the new Holiday Mini on Sept. 1st) to both. I used the Scallop square duo bigz die and cut out a piece of Wild Wasabi to layer under the elephant. I used my paper piercing tool and poked holes around the edges of the scallops. The elephant is popped up on dimensionals. I'm happy with how this card turned out!




Thanks for stopping by!

Contact me to order any of the Stampin' Up! supplies you see used here or you would like to become a Stampin' Up! demomstrator.

Stamps: Elebration
Ink: Black Stazon
Paper: Early Expresso, Confetti White, Wild Wasabi, Watercolor paper, Just Add Cake DSP, Blushing Bride, So Saffon
Accessories: Early Expresso Baker's Twine, Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die, Big Shot, Watercolor Crayons, blender pen, dimensionals, paper piercing tool, Dazzling Details

No comments:

Post a Comment