My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 15, 2011

Halloween means Candy Corn Time

I know, it's still August, why am I already posting Halloween stuff right? I'm trying to get a head start on my holiday cards, crafts, etc. Every year I wait until the last minute and I'm scrambling to get it all done. This year I'm determined to make the change! Anyway, on to the card. I got the idea to use the Petite Pennants Builder punch to make candy corn. I punched one triangle out of each of the Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie. I then just cut the pieces to make the candy and adhered them together. I used Linen thead to string them and hung them like a banner. For the pumpkins I used the Jack of All Trades set. This set is great because it can be used for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love having stamps, punches, etc. be so versatile. I used Tangerine Tango ink to stamp the pumpkins and then used the new Tangerine Tango embossing powder on them. I cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals. For the hat I stamped in Basic Black and then used black embossing powder on it and cut it out. It is also popped up on dimensionals. The embossing powder makes your images pop and adds that little bit of detail. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set stamped in Old Olive.

Don't forget, August 31st is the last day to take advantage of the Buy 3, Get 1 Free on packs of DSP! Contact me today to get yours.


Thanks for stopping by!

Contact me to order any of the Stampin' Up! supplies you see used here or to become a demonstrator and get 20% off all your demonstrator orders!

Stamps: Jack of All Trades, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Tangerine Tango and Basic Black embossing powder, Linen Thread, Petite Pennants Builder Punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment