My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 3, 2011

Kite Birthday Card

Here is a card I made for my mom's birthday later this month. I got the idea for this card from a Cards magazine. I just changed it to all SU! products. I also changed the layout a bit. I enjoy finding inspiration from the many card idea magazines out there and recreating the cards with SU! goodies. I used the new hostess DSP Cheerful Treat for the background. Love this paper!! For the kite, I just hand drew it and cut it out. I tried using punches, but it never turned out just right. The sentiment is from the set A Word For You and cut out with the Lots of Tags sizzlits die. I stitched around the edges of all the the DSP to add a little detail.
Thanks for stopping by!

Contact me if you would like to order any of the Stampin' Up! supplies I've used.

Stamps: A Word For You
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Cheerful Treat DSP, Subtles DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop edge border punch, Lots of Tags Sizzlit die, Baker's twine, heat & stick powder, Fine Supernova glitter, paper piercing tool, sewing machine & thread (non SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment