My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 9, 2011

S'mores Goodies for Meet the Teacher Night

When the students in my class come for Meet the Teacher, I always like to have a little something for them to take home. The little something usually includes a treat and a project for them to work on. The treat they keep (of course) and the project is something they do and bring with them the first day of school. I find it gets them a little more excited about coming. For the treat this year I went with a s'mores goody. Since the theme in my room is camping, I thought s'mores would be perfect. I found these cute little tin buckets at the dollar spot at Target. I used the Under the Stars set to stamp the s'mores image. It is colored in with watercolor crayons and blender pens. I punched them out with the 1 1/4" cirlce punch and layered it with Early Expresso punched with the 1 3/4" circle punch. Those are both on the 1 3/4" scallop cirlce punch in Old Olive. I used the medium cello bags and tied some retired Chocolate Chip ribbon around the bag. Used linen thread to tie the smore's image on. I then used the Serif Essentials Bigz die to cut out each of the kiddos letter of their first name. That way they can pick the bucket with their letter on it when they come. Nothing fancy, but I think the kids will like them.





                                                    Thanks for stopping by!

Contact me to order any of the Stampin' Up! supplies you see used here or to become a demonstrator.

Stamps: Under the Stars
Ink: Black Stazon
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Early Expresso
Accessories: 1 3/4" & 1 1/4" cirlce punches, 1 3/4" scallop cirlce punch, blender pen, watercolor crayons, Big Shot, Serif Essentials Bigz die, medium cello bags, Chocolate Chip 1/4" ribbon (retired),  linen thread

No comments:

Post a Comment