My little spot in the craft blogging world!

August 2, 2011

Altered Clock for My Classroom

Here is a clock I altered to put in my classroom. I bought a cheap clock, took the front plastic off, and cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to fit the face. I then stamped several kids from the All In The Family set and colored them in with Stampin' Pastels. It took a little time to stamp and color all the kiddos, but worth it. Once all the kids were stamped, I took my color spritzer tool and spritzed some Old Olive and Real Red on the face and around the kids. I cut a piece of Celebrations DSP (retired) to give it a little more color in the middle. I then sponged some Old Olive craft ink around the outside edge of the clock. I did this because just plain white looked, well, plain. I'm pretty happy with the turnout. On my last little girl I stamped, my hand jiggled so it looks like she has a double chin. It's not perfect, but since it's just for me, I'll live with it because I'm sure not redoing this! I'm not worried about not having numbers on my clock. I teach PreK and the kiddos in my class aren't quite to time telling yet. Now I can say "when the big hand gets to the girl in purple...".

                                                                Thank for stopping by!

                 Email me if you would like to order any of the Stampin' Up! products you see used here!

Stamps: All In The Family
Ink: Old Olive craft, black stazon
Paper: Whisper White, Celebrations DSP (retired)
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, blender pen, color spritzer tool, Old Olive & Real Red markers, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment